Labor Party

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon Jun 22 15:04:32 PDT 1998

Alex LoCascio wrote:

>Doug, since you're a member of the Labor Party should I take that as an
>inducement to join? I too have given much thought to joining, although I
>share a lot of the fears that some have about it becoming a playground
>for leftists rather than a party for workers.

Who knows what it is? At bad moments, I'm afraid it'll be taken over by labor bureaucrats - the better, more enlightened ones, admittedly. And I don't know what to make of their $10/hr minimum wage constitutional amendment. If they're serious, it'd be a system-breaker, but I'm not sure if they think it is, and it seems an awfully legalistic approach. But any party whose platform was co-written by Adolph Reed has a lot going for it, so I don't know.

Now I'm going to get a warning message for over-posting. Yes, the automated warning system is working, and several of our more prolific members have already gotten automated mail.

Doug