Jules Melograne

Tom Lehman uswa12 at lorainccc.edu
Mon Jun 22 20:00:57 PDT 1998

Dear Mr. Skiba, You don't know what your talking about.

In the early 1970's, when all but a few(3 or 4), district magistrates were removed for accepting gratuities---Jules Melograne was among the few not removed!

Jules grew up in the Hill District of Pittsburgh. If you know Pittsburgh that says it all.

The Gammage killing occured after Jules removal from office---and it did not occur in Jules district. But, Jules might have caught it if Gammage had lived to make it Downtown.

Also, of interest, Jules Melograne was the last attorney to be admitted to the Pennsylvania bar under the old method of reading the law. He read the law, took the bar exam and passed. The fact that he didn't go to a regular law school hurt his political career and chances for advancement. The local bar association never saw, in my opinion, Jules being "white" enough. Whats a poor kid going to do?

In struggle with the likes of you, Thomas Lehman