Black....Michael P on Comintern. A correction.

Michael Eisenscher meisenscher at igc.apc.org
Mon Jun 22 20:52:57 PDT 1998

At 03:11 PM 6/22/98 -0400, Rakesh Bhandari wrote: [SNIP]

>That is, if blacks see themselves as an isolated minority--

Talk about a leap! As they say in court, this is a fact not in evidence. I find it quite curious how so many folks seem compelled to project their internal political stuff on this event.

(Rakesh continues) and this
>supposition is reinforced by racially exclusive fora--

Have you and Wotjek been smoking the same stuff? How many times must this be said: NON-BLACKS WERE NOT EXCLUDED! (sorry for shouting).

You seem to ignore the fact that Blacks in the multitude of their other capacities in the world appear in all kinds of other movements in which they function in situations (workplaces, unions, universities, entertainment venues, public services, etc.) with folks of many other racial/ethnic groups. That they should choose on this occasion to gather together for political discourse on their own terms seems to be truly threatening to a number of people on this list, who, in order to express their apprehensions feel compelled to guzzy them up in pseudo-revolutionary rationalizations, assumptions, and hypothesizing based on distortions of what actually had occurred in Chicago last weekend.

In solidarity, Michael

to whom can they turn