Chemical Weapons in the 'War on Drugs'

alec ramsdell a_ramsdell at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 23 16:32:16 PDT 1998

>I think that one of the most important tasks for the US Left is to stop
>the 'war on drugs' here and abroad.
>

>Yoshie

Does this topic make it into many discussions among the Left?

I see that, according to the Federal Bureau of Prisons, since 1970 the percentage of incarcerated drug offenders has gone from 16.3% to 59.1%. Also, a Sentencing Project report finds that one in seven African American men are currently disenfranchised due to felony conviction (about 4.2 million of all Americans are similarly disenfranchised).

"The War on Drugs" is a miserable and horrifying failure, as the example of Southcentral LA and the war between the