request

Mark Jones Jones_M at netcomuk.co.uk
Wed Jun 24 12:07:16 PDT 1998

Jim, you might try taking out a subscription to our new journal, *Insurrection*. This is a print journal and the first issue is out now. We are also now about to launch a website, Insurrection-Interactive. This will combine some of the immediacy of elists with the more structured context of formal publishing. Insurrection-Interactive will begin by holding open debates on feminism, Marxism and ecology (where among other things we shall be addressing the work of the CNS school and of James O'Connor and John Bellamy Foster, among others: our critique of O'Connor relates the autonomist paradigm behind his rather wonderful book, Accumulation Crisis, with what we see as its somewhat less successful politico-theoretic denouement in the theory of the so-called 'second contradiction).

We shall also be discussing the historical and logical genesis of the Marxist theory of the state and the relevance of the concept of dictatorship of the proletariat. And we shall be posting an extended piece on the world conjuncture.

Mark