against entrenced identity

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at tsoft.com
Wed Jun 24 21:20:32 PDT 1998

Here is a bit of advocacy on a similar note re disabled workers:

According to a 1992 Census Bureau report, on average, a severely disabled person makes $1,562 per month while a non-severely disabled person makes $2,006. A nondisabled person makes on average $2,446, or 33 percent more than the severely disabled individual and 20 percent more than the non-severely disabled individual which indicates that employers either de-value disabled employees or they take advantage of us financially. (Marta Russell)

I have to say that it was through thinking about how disability was related to racism, sexism, et al, that I finally came around to seeing the connection between these constructions and their use as a means of economic oppression. And productivity is the center--labor is always, a priori, the retarding factor of productivity--because labor can never produce fast enough or equivalently, at a low enough valued rate to suit the expectation of an accelerating profit curve.

Well, excuse us (fuck you) ladies and gentlemen of Wall Street!

Hope you're laughing.

Chuck Grimes