Resurrected Fascism

William B. Ryan william_b_ryan at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 27 15:44:03 PDT 1998

I do not generally believe in conspiracy theories.

I do, however, definitely object to the hiding of a sophisticated theory of fascism under the banner of "liberalism," "progressivism," or "Keynesianism," which can be picked-up as justification by the most repugnant dictatorship.

Bill Mitchell, an economics department chairman, wrote on Post Keynesian Thought http://csf.colorado.edu/mail/pkt/jun98/0477.html in response to my statement regarding his buffer stock proposal that "in other words, if you do not work, you do not eat":

"Bullshit. If you can work, you do not get welfare or a BSE wage. This doesn't mean you don't eat. It might, in which case you would start working. In a BSE, it means that everyone who can work can access the distributional system. Societies like the ones we live in have not yet agreed to have some working and paying for others who could work and choose not to. Maybe down the track but I personally find it repugnant to think that someone would want to sponge like that."

Adolph Hitler could not have said it better.

The Mosler-Mitchell buffer stock proposals differ only in detail from superficially progressive sounding proposals of the 1920's fascists. The Nazi labor camps are the logical extension of such proposals, advancing only as to administrative efficiency. These labor camps evolved into concentration camps, which evolved into death camps.

----Original Message Follows---- From: sawicky at epinet.org (Max Sawicky) To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com> Subject: RE: Resurrected Fascism Date: Thu, 25 Jun 1998 21:18:33 -0400 Reply-To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com

> . . .
> I left the Post Keynesian Thought list because it had degenerated, in
my
> opinion, into being a propaganda vehicle for a resurrected fascism
that
> is not significantly unlike the Italian Fascist program of the 1920's,
> and that of capitalist-Communist China today--in the manifestation of
> Warren Mosler's and Bill Mitchell's similar "buffer stock"
> full-employment models. See:
> http://csf.colorado.edu/mail/pkt/jun98/0489.html. To advance that
> propaganda, I believe that subsidies were paid by Mosler to certain
> elements associated with the Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, the
> New School and the Levy Institute. . . .

Don't forget about Cigarette Man, hiding in the sewer. We'll alert Mulder and Scully ASAP.

'Grassy Knoll'