Junior Hoffa & Leadership

Tom Lehman uswa12 at lorainccc.edu
Sun Jun 28 19:49:37 PDT 1998

Dear Doug and the Left Business Observers, Why is everyone on the liberal-labor-left convinced that Junior Hoffa is the anti-christ? I don't believe in dynastic succession, but, Junior can't be all that bad.

Getting back to the subject of leadership. Many years ago a wise old labor pundit told me on the subject of union leadership, " I've seen them all come, and I've seen them go...the steelworkers, autoworkers, teamsters always remain." In other words, leadership changes, the rank and file member is the only constant. Sincerely, Tom