"Better times" cannot sustain stock prices

Hyman Blumenstock hystock at home.com
Sun May 3 03:09:17 PDT 1998

Rob: Thank you for saying something at least. However, your concerns, as popular as they may be, are as far removed from reality as is Alice in Wonderland, the scenario of fantasy we are deliberately living out, rather than reality.

The subject of "economics" is based solely and solidly on Food, and its once scarcity, creating those two bodies of people, the Haves, who could eat, and the Have-Nots, who could not eat, simply because there was never enough. A century ago, scientific advancement allowed us to finally create enough.

But those economic aficionados, probably horrified at the loss of their purpose of alleviating Social Problems, now potentally resolved, all based on once Food scarcity, have created a monstrous Rube Goldbert machine whose function is an unholy money obsession removed from man's far more natural and ancient Food obsession, an obsession that is of the same quality as our (usually unthinking) obsession with Air and Water, which all have distinct points of satiation. By maintaining a Money supply as scarce as the Food supply had once been, then Social Problems could be maintained along with their ostensible goal of resolving Social Problems. And in the pursuit of Money, there is no point of satiation, wherein Quality and Service is compromised into nothingness.

Money markets are only outlying strands of a deadly, ingrown cancer upon the body politic, that must be rooted out before the body dies as promised in <http://dieoff.org/page5.htm>.