rural idiocy

Thomas Kruse tkruse at albatros.cnb.net
Tue May 5 16:05:51 PDT 1998

>Come on guys! Look honestly into your own consciences and come clean:
>its not the cars that irritate you, its those pushy plebs in them.
>--
>Jim heartfield

Just 'cuz some critique of hyper-individualized internal combustion is/was class biased dosen't mean such critique always is/will be. Here in Cbba there used to be legions of bikers going to work every am -- looked like one of those Natl. Geo. fotos of urban China in the 60s. Now it's just too damn dangerous; most folks are the worst for it; many lament the passing of the old days; buying a car is *way* out of the question.

Tho' since we're coming clean, I should probabaly admit I have a bike AND a car ... in fact one of those 4 wheel drives Doug hates, tho' not a suburban assualt vehicle, just a Daihatsu, a poor cousin of the Toyota. I guess I could justify the extra traction and clearance with dire acounts of unpaved roads, etc.

But lemme tell you about my really cool bike ....

Clean enough?

Tom

Tom Kruse / Casilla 5812 / Cochabamba, Bolivia Tel/Fax: (591-42) 48242 Email: tkruse at albatros.cnb.net