cars and choice

Louis Proyect lnp3 at panix.com
Thu May 7 10:58:24 PDT 1998

> This will be my only post to here today as Doug has
>told me to shut up (although, Doug, I see a lot of people
>who posted more yesterday than I did who are posting
>today like rabbits multiplying. Perhaps you are annoyed
>with my having poked at your views of what constitutes
>"cash"?).

>Barkley Rosser

Barkley, it is entirely possible that you have irritated Doug in some manner. You know and I know that you can be a little irritating from time to time. You should cultivate a bland and unctuous personality like mine.

These new lists that Doug and I have set up cost money out of our pockets, as opposed to the mere time demands that the Spoons Marxism lists or PEN-L put on their moderators. Interestingly enough, I am a bit more permissive on the new marxism list than people might have expected beforehand. I just don't want the Bolshevique League of New Jersey "intervening" but anything else goes. I doubt if political differences have anything to do with Doug's advice to you, since James "Cato" Heartfield has been going like gangbusters. Which leads to a key question. Whatever else you want to say about Heartfield, at least he is a good writer and brainy.

Louis Proyect