info

Richard Marens parvus at u.washington.edu
Fri May 8 12:36:05 PDT 1998

brad:

interesting points but there are problems with the Jay gould analogy. When gould bribed or cajoled that future supremely Supreme Court reactionary, Charles Brewer (a man who would put Debs in Jail), into screwing the British Bondholders of the Wabash, there was not a damn thing they could do about it. What worries me, at least a bit, is the 275 billion we're still showering on the DOD, means that there might indeed be something our rentiers can do about it.