rural idiocy

loobyloo at altavista.net loobyloo at altavista.net
Sat May 9 06:11:24 PDT 1998

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> In the French film "Hate" the plot takes place in downtown Paris where
> three "suburban" characters: a Jew, and Arab, and a Black (all three
> immigrants) wander looking for a cop to kill in revenge for the death of
> their friend.

It takes place in the projets on the suburbs of Paris, not downtown. And I saw it more as a witty, believable fly-on-the-wall documentary-type film, The search for a cop to kill is one of several threads, and one which doesn't emerge explicitly until the closing stages.

Its amazing, to an English person, that you Yankies consider NYC "safe". -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/19980509/71c2803e/attachment.htm>