social science production (was: Dark Sides of 'Solidarity'?)

Sat May 9 11:50:33 PDT 1998

>You've invited argument by pressing a lot of buttons,
>but of course that's why we're here. This idea of econ
>depts as the bastion of disinterested science strains
>credulity,

I didn't say that.

If you look back earlier in what I wrote, you'll see (I don't have it handy here) somthing like "enforce analytical standards--or alternatively engage in ideological police actions").

The methodology of neoclassical economics hides some things from your vision completely. On the other hand, it does let you see the effects of other things (the multifiber agreement, say) extremely well...