British Losses on US RR Bonds?

Richard Marens parvus at u.washington.edu
Sat May 9 14:24:03 PDT 1998

there is a huge old literature out there on subjects like that. The era of railroads and corporate consiolidation deserves more research than it has received in recent years. I've seen alot more on, say, the rise of agarian capitalism than on this subject which has a hell of a lot more immediate relevance to us. I blame it on the fact that Marx was dead when it happened, so it lacked an obvious origin in the canon.

I'll look for some old cites regarding the railroads. The best of the recent work might be something by Berk or Berg, I can't remember exactly. William Roy's wonderful new book: Socializing Capital might have something.