social science production (was: Dark Sides of

Carrol Cox cbcox at rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu
Sun May 10 15:22:46 PDT 1998

Let's not clutter either the main questions with my side show or my side show with the important questions. I vaguely remembered a passage, I thought in george Thompson (whose thought was grounded in Caldwell) about evolution becoming *industrially* important, and therefore accepted, while otherwise it would have been fought for its ideological impact. I have NOT located the quotation yet. I should not have tossed out the reference untless I could. I am still looking. Rakesh's point may be relevant to the *main* questions, but *not* to the side issue I tossed out because that is the one book by Caldwell that I have never read a word of. So until I can find it in Thompson, forget about my bit of helium and get back to the point.

My apologies.

Carrol