Were the Nazis radical environmentalists?

Tom Condit tomcondit at igc.apc.org
Sun May 10 21:57:29 PDT 1998

I'd like to thank Louis Proyect for his precis of early Soviet environmental efforts. As a footnote to Furedi, et al., and their strange arguments, it should be noted that nature and forest reserves date back at least 2,000 years, because the problem of environmental degradation has been clear for that long. I remember nearly 30 years ago reading an essay by Plato on the deforestation of Attica and the resulting soil erosion.

Tom Condit