leave of absence

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Mon May 11 09:45:19 PDT 1998

jf noonan wrote:

>On Fri, 8 May 1998, Doug Henwood wrote:
>
>> I'm off for the weekend, to the Work conference at SUNY-Binghamton. May the
>> hugs & kisses fly in my absence....
>
>Driving?

Yes, as a matter of fact I did, in an expensively rented car. I've logged about 1,000 miles over the last month, and I'm eager for a long vacation from hell on wheels.

But now I'm back. I'm getting unsusb's and complaints about volume. I don't know exactly what to do about this - on the one hand, the volume, most of which is of high quality, is a sign of success. But it drives away folks with less hearty appetites for this sort of thing. Any advice on how to balance these competing demands? (And please respond to me privately, so we don't find reflections on volume greatly swelling the volume!)

Doug