social science production (was: Dark Sides of 'Solidarity'?)

Richard Marens parvus at u.washington.edu
Mon May 11 16:22:57 PDT 1998

right on! We are all familar with the stats that compensation has fallen for decades behind even the relatively tepid growth in productivity. Why can't wage pressures be accomodated, as they have in the past, by increasing productivity, reduced profits, or even low levels of inflation that would benefit the vast majority of people who are employees and/or debtors? Actually, I think we all know the answer.