Overlapping lists

Nathan Newman nnewman at ix.netcom.com
Wed May 13 15:42:32 PDT 1998

-----Original Message----- From: Louis Proyect <lnp3 at panix.com> To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com>

>In the past, I used to
>crosspost to marxism-international, my old stomping grounds into it mutated
>into the Shining Path-Richard Pipes list (don't ask me about this, its too
>complicated) and Pen-L. Now I post to the 2 Panix lists and PEN-L. Once one
>of my hand grenades land, it probably would make sense to only respond to
>it on one list, even though you are subbed to all 3, or 2 of 3.

An even better approach is to use the bcc: function rather than cc: function that exists on most email programs. bcc: sends messages to multiple lists, but "blind cc:" as it is known makes it appear to any recipent (or list) that each message has been sent only to that single recipient. If anyone replies to the message, the reply does not go to any other recipient on the original bcc: list.

--Nathan