BJP's Bomb

Altaf Bhimji altaf at wco.com
Wed May 13 22:09:17 PDT 1998

On Wed, 13 May 1998, Rakesh Bhandari wrote:

> fascist rule through the use of Muslims in and out of India as a
> spearhead, the arms race will escalate, the US will make
> up with the BJP and then sell a shit load of arms to India, Pakistan will
> increase its orders from China; India will (at least) financially crush
> Pakistan, which will make Israel happy but, alas, will not solve the
> Kashmir crisis.

The worst scenario is a further escalation of tensions, with the facists of both sides going at it with each other, both sides needing to prove that they are not eunuchs (sp.?) (By the way "hijra" or eunuchs, form an intreasting sub-culture of the sub-continent for anyone interested...)

May lead to a conventional weapons war between India and Pakistan with China in there somewhere, a couple of nukes going off... etc.

My guess is still that Pakistan may very well be paid off not to conduct an overt test, and there will be some kind of a MAD co-existence.

But that depends on just how reactionary BJP is, if they're smart they'll make a deal with the US, and then we can expect a Pakistani test..., which will mean sanctions on Pakistan. India is far better poised to withstand sanctions, given that they already have a good industrial base, Pakistan has very little, and will become further improvished, eventually leading to some kind of a facist "islamic" party getting elected (until now these "islamic parties" have recieved little votes in the few elections that have taken place in this country, for a variety of reasons).

> sophisticated and most expensive systems available. We are about witness
> one of the greatest series of arms sales ever...and this to a country with
> a greater percentage, not just absolute numbers, of its people in
> absolute poverty than sub-Saharan Africa.

yeah really, some half of the world's pop. is living in this area of Asia (including China) ... what a waste!

oh, why can't we just get along?

altaf