Homeownership (was What did the Anti-War Movement Lead To?)

Tom Condit tomcondit at igc.apc.org
Wed May 13 22:44:34 PDT 1998

At 10:00 PM 5/13/1998 -0400, Max B. Sawicky wrote:

>These sound the same, roughly, meaning wages
>are a positive function of age, but in either
>case it wouldn't necessarily mean things were
>absolutely worse now for the young, relative
>to 20 yrs ago.

All I know is that *all* the young people I know are living doubled, tripled or quadrupled up because high rents would otherwise eat up all their income. This is in the San Francisco Bay Area, admittedly a high rent area being flooded with affluent migrants drawn by the telecommunciations and general speculations industries, but I suspect it's true in a lot of other places, too.

Tom Condit