The New Zealand economy

Gary MacLennan g.maclennan at qut.edu.au
Thu May 14 23:22:05 PDT 1998

At 03:16 PM 5/15/98 +1000, you wrote:
>G'day Gary and Bills,
>
>Underestimate not the potential of the CER to bring Shipleyism into
>Australia with a rapidity independent of who is in government in Australia.
>As I see it, NZ deregulates broadcasting and Oz has to follow. NZ
>deregulates CDs and now Australia shall have to do that too. NZ's going
>over the cliff now - and Oz is tied inextricably to the skirts of the
>fallen.
>
>I don't quite understand the CER and would appreciate a quick note on the
>thing.
>
>Cheers,
>Rob.

Rob,

Good to hear from you again. What in the name of Jesus is CER? The enemy are everywhere- one could get quite paranoid about all these abbreviations which usually mean 'doom'.

Now do not be too pessimistic about the future. (Can't believe I wrote that!)

I am convinced a general fight back is coming. NZ from what I have seen could turn very violent and a very difficult country to govern before any one could suspect it. They are much less Anglo and consequently a lot less moderate than Australians.

regards

Gary