Huntin' Shootin' Fishin' and Fornicatin',

Russ R.I.P at art.derby.ac.uk
Fri May 15 01:51:40 PDT 1998

>Frances Bolton (PHI) wrote:
>
>>There seems to be a strong(ish) antiGreen sentiment on the list. Why is
>>that?
>
>Not from this corner. The anti-Greens are mainly our British car-loving,
>foxhunting friends in & around LM, a journal once known as Living Marxism.
>One of my intentions in starting this little forum was to get reds & greens
>to talk to each other. The browns are noisy, but a small minority. It's
>useful to have them around, though, just to remind us what the problem is.
>
>Doug

Yes indeed! This list does need to be reminded that green politics are at the very least what Althusser called a problematic. There's too much quiet acceptance of their spurious doctrines- these need to be questionned, deconstructed, analysed...not quoted verbatim and left unchallenged.

"Nothing frightens man so much, nothing darkens his mind to such a degree, as when God disappears from nature...when purpose, wisdom and goodness no longer reign in nature, but only a blind necessity or dumb chance." Jacobi

Russ