Still Suburban (was rural idiocy)

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sat May 16 14:26:47 PDT 1998

Doug asks Michael Hoover:
>>Dislando is an abstract mosaic of corporate-sponsored commercial
>>projects.
>Kvetch we might, and will, but do the consumers of Dislando seem satisfied?

They think they are satisfied, but in fact they suffer from the postsuburban traumatic stress syndrome, whose symptoms include compulsive mall-walking,historical amnesia, aesthetic impairment (caused by over-exposure to parking lots), paranoia (induced by addiction to home security systems), and quiet desperation.

Yoshie