God and the N-word

Charles Brown charlesb at CNCL.ci.detroit.mi.us
Mon May 18 08:41:55 PDT 1998

What about the negative epithet "Philistine" ? Is this anti-Palestinian ?

Charles

>>> "William S. Lear" <rael at dejanews.com> 05/16 11:07 AM >>>
I vaguely remember somewhere reading about the bowdlerizing of (what to us today would be) the word "n-word" in the King James version of the Bible, converting it to some obscure word instead. I can't remember where I read it --- was it the recent Gore Vidal review of the Thurnstrom's? Was it in Counterpunch?? Where oh where did I see this?

Does anyone know where this might have appeared, or know anything about what I'm talking about?

Bill