Danger of an Arms Race (fwd) -Reply

Charles Brown charlesb at CNCL.ci.detroit.mi.us
Mon May 18 12:17:38 PDT 1998

I'm still trying to boycott tv as much as I can, because they made murdering 10,000's of people like a video game, little puffs on the screen.

Charles Brown

>>> Julian M Thomas <JMT111 at mercury.anglia.ac.uk> 05/18 9:53 AM >>>

>>When you accidentally kill your own troops during war the term is that it
happened due to "friendly fire". I remember it was used during the Gulf >>war.

>>Trond Andresen

The gulf war saw a whole new way of talking... 'soft collateral' was killing civilians, 'surgical strike' totally obliterating someone before they attack you... 'not on target' meant hitting the hospital two miles away etc etc

Julian thomas