Energy Supplies (was: Co-state variables)

John St. Clair jstclair at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Mon May 18 13:44:06 PDT 1998

Mark Jones replied to Charles Brown:

> > Mark, is there another energy source besides oil, coal or nuclear ?

> Wind, geothermal, solar, muscle power, biomass. But these are all
> based on solar energy flows or natural and self-limiting fluxes, not on
fossil

mark, what about energy cells? doesn't the probability that within 10-15 years, they will be efficient enough to replace most car engines and energy supplies give you pause in the sweeping generalization that (as you put it),

> ...turbines in Texas, but life as we know it will definitely be
discontinued.
> The world's energy-system will be decarbonised, is being already as
> we move to carbon-light gas. We will ride bicycles and the 'burbs will
> be ghost towns. (...)

John

John St. Clair University of South Florida Department of Philosophy Cooper 107 Tampa, FL 33647

Office: CPR 267 Phone: 813-974-5896 Hours: M 3-5, T 10-12 http://chuma.cas.usf.edu/~jstclair/