Genocide against Jews and American Indians

Charles Brown charlesb at CNCL.ci.detroit.mi.us
Tue May 19 13:39:11 PDT 1998

Max Sawicky wrote:

Then again, maybe I'm an exclusivist. I think the European Holocaust is different from, say, the Middle Passage or the European conquest and settlement of the Americas. Not more horrible, but different. Why is a long story which might require an attending psychiatrist, but does this make one an exclusivist?

Charles - How specifically different ? I could see an argument for the fastest rate of murder (6 million in 3 years).

Max- I suppose we should try to theorize about why mass murder happens. I guess I wish such discussion was more informed by historical material and less by heroic efforts to reduce such events to minimalist economic, class, or sociological models.

Charles - I think we should too. I still think it is significantly rooted in capitalism. Sort of on mass destruction as an opposite in unity with mass production and other things.

Charles Brown