Moore, Remy, & Fortune

C. Petersen ottilie at u.washington.edu
Thu May 21 09:38:14 PDT 1998

> He closed with another New Testament quote - how it's easier for a camel to
> pass through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter heaven.
> Himself excepted, apparently.

I think he's very big into divesting himself of all his wealth though. Surely, he could have chosen to live in the Bronx, New Jersey or Flint rather than Manhattan, but other than that, he gives a lot of it away. I talked him into giving my friend's weekly newsletter Eat the State! $1000 http://www.scn.org/news/ets

> The evening was a lot like Moore's work. He's very talented - it was a
> pretty impressive performance, really. But his politics are pretty
> underdeveloped - extremely personalized and ad hoc.

That's true. Which isn't a bad quality for dealing with american audiences. The contract with america worked, didn't it? It's totally easy to make people switch sides at the drop of a hat, based on some clever slogan.