humor

Thu May 21 13:11:51 PDT 1998

> >content to see the twist, and appreciating the twist. That's why people =
> >with different ideologies find different things funny, and why the same =
> >marxists who are accused of having no humor by the right often get hardy =
> >laughs among comrades. =20

Hi Kenny and others, Did anyone else find the Unabomber's Manifesto and related writings funny? I think he's a lot funnier than Michael Moore.

You know--we had to kill a few people to get heard; if you espouse several of these causes (racial justice, feminism, handicap rights, pro homosexuality, etc), you are most certainly a leftist; if you are so smart, David Gerlenter, then why did you open this package? I can't remember all the statements, but I suspect that next to Thorstein Veblen, the Unabomber was among America's best funny men. The FBI evidently thought so since they believed that he had read Veblen carefully. What isn't funny about the Unabomber--aside from the secretaries and working class blokes whose lives he endangered--is his misanthropic deep ecology perspective. But that seems similar to that German Kulturkritik stuff which isn't very funny. best, rakesh bhandari