New Address for marxism-feminism list

Carrol Cox cbcox at rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu
Fri May 22 09:24:50 PDT 1998

Forwarded message:

Dear All,

This is to announce that the list, marxism-feminism, is moving to a new location at CSF (Communications for a Sustainable Future) in Colorado. Martha Gimenez and Carrol Cox will continue to be its moderators, with Malgosia Askanas providing technical assistance.

subscribe m-fem FIRSTNAME LASTNAME

(where FIRSTNAME and LASTNAME are your first and last name, of course)

to the following address:

listproc at csf.colorado.edu

At CFS, marxism-feminism will join other "sister" lists such as PSN (Progressive Sociologists Network) and MatFem (Materialist Feminism). CSF, true to its emphasis on communications, has a specific policy about the quality of discourse expected in all its lists and also, as a site that operates with support from the university, has a policy about the submission of copyrighted materials. Both are available below.

We anticipate that marxism-feminism will continue to be free to all subscribers, but we will doubtless need to appeal to subscribers for some small donations to maintain the new list.

Thank you,

The Moderators: Martha Gimenez <gimenez at csf.Colorado.EDU> Carrol Cox <cbcox at rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu>

************************************************ Marxism-Feminism Rule of Discourse:

replicate in our virtual space the rules of civility

we abide by when we meet face-to-face

================ CSF Communications Guidelines ================

Marxism Feminism is hosted at CSF (Communications for a Sustainable Future) which was founded on the idea that quality communications between people of differing viewpoints can be an avenue for securing a more promising future. So, when you join a csf-list, you are undertaking a modest obligation to write in a way that is respectful of the views of others.

Electronic discussion is, of course, notorious for flame wars. But ad hominem arguments and personal slights are not encoded on silicon chips. The vast majority of subscribers enter with good intentions but somehow, through this new medium, good intentions can be undermined with slight spins to which others can take offense. So please be careful about process -- about how you say what you wish to say. Help us keep the intended meaning of the word "communications" in CSF. _______________________________________________________________________

******** CSF/CU POLICY ON COPYRIGHT MATERIAL ********

CSF is housed at the University of Colorado at Boulder. The University provides not only the infrastructure but other support for CSF. Since CSF runs on a "CU machine," we follow current policies of CU. One important policy is that copyright materials can not be distributed on discussion lists nor archived in web sites at the university.

We appreciate your cooperation in support of this policy.