Jessie Helms and Tobin Tax

Carrol Cox cbcox at rs6000.cmp.ilstu.edu
Sat May 23 14:20:33 PDT 1998

> Why aren't we fighting for it?

Chris, in your very first post on this subject you announced in advance that the only possible grounds for disagreeing with you on the subject was some form of extreme sectarian purity. This was especially galling to me as I had not the slightest idea what you were talking about, and when I confessed as much on list, you responded with an explanatory post that was unintelligible unless the reader already knew what I had announced I did not know.

After that beginning, I didn't feel very anxious to carry on any conversation at all, pro or con, on the topic with you.

Carrol