queers. On making Class real.

Maria Gilmore Maria.Gilmore at gte.net
Tue May 26 04:16:00 PDT 1998

Trond Andresen wrote:

> Regardless of how progressive and multicultural etc. you U.S. Internetters
> are, you always have this tendency to hold discussions as if everyone
> participating or listening in, lives in the U.S. And many of you doesn't show
> the faintest interest in what is going on elsewhere.

A point well taken. On the other hand, I don't think the slighting is intentional. As regards the current topic, I was addressing matters specific to the society I live in; I would ask, how can we truly be all multicultural and progressive and internationalist if we're still looking down our noses at the some of the powerless in our own backyard just because of their sex and race?