Identity politics/Reading Notes

James Devine jdevine at
Tue May 26 08:31:49 PDT 1998

>Hook's Korsch inspired Towards and Understanding of Karl Marx. The
>critique had the unfortunate title (which Mattick repudiated, I
>understand) *THe Inevitability of Communism* (1935).

are either of these books available somewhere? I understand that Hook (and his heirs? I don't know if he's still alive) repudiated and suppressed "Towards an Understanding of Karl Marx." I read a photocopy once...

Jim Devine (who received 178 e-mails yesterday)

Jim Devine jdevine at & "It takes a busload of faith to get by." -- Lou Reed.