Scabs?

Kenneth Mostern kmostern at utk.edu
Tue May 26 06:19:49 PDT 1998

My sympathies are with Maria G here. I can't help but feel that Yoshie and Carrol are nurturing an old fashioned prejudice against working people underneath their modish anti-racism.

[Kenneth Mostern] You think maybe its possible for you to have an honest disagreement without accusing people you don't know of beating their partners? You think maybe some of us who take Carrol and Yoshie's position aren't working people and/or of working class descent ourselves? (You think maybe we didn't develop this position in reaction to growing up with white working class right-wing parents?) You think maybe American nationalism is not a problem? You think Carrol's the only person here using "emotional" language?

Oh, that's right--you think car culture is about poor people. You're wrong.

Kenneth Mostern Department of English University of Tennessee

"Talent is perhaps nothing other than successfully sublimated rage."

Theodor Adorno

-------------- next part -------------- A non-text attachment was scrubbed... Name: not available Type: application/ms-tnef Size: 2390 bytes Desc: not available URL: <../attachments/19980526/fc999a20/attachment.bin>