Michael Moore Responds

charles brown cdehbrown at hotmail.com
Wed May 27 06:00:34 PDT 1998

Michael Moore in the middle of a devastating critique of the thread on Michael Moore says: You have no idea what I
>make or what I do with it. Some of you have written in to tell about
the
>grants I have given (over 70 groups to date have been funded by the
profits
>from my work) so thanks for pointing that out.

Some of the answer as to what Comrade Moore does with his money is found in the following ,an article in the April 26-May 2, 1998 Michigan Citizen,(my favorite newspaper and as its banner says, America's most progressive newspaper).

FILMMAKER GIVES $100,000 TO FLINT COMMUNITY:movie asks why corporations are cutting jobs

Royal Oak, Michigan- Dealing with the crisis of workers in the current economy and yielding profits to better community conditions wherever possible, "The Big One" is a film worth checking out. With rave reviews of his new film behind him in New York and Los Angeles, Director Michael Moore made a special appearance at the Main Art Theatre in Royal Oak. Famous for his spoof on American corporations, "Roger and Me," Moore brought his trademark wit and keen social observation to a question and answer session following the film's screening. His appearance was a benefit for the Detroit Striker's Relief Fund (For the three year long Detroit newspaper workers' lockout).

Moore's new film traces his cross-country odyssey in search of an answer to the question, "At a time when corporations are posting record profits, why are so many working Americans still in danger of losing their jobs ?"

While in Michigan, his home state, Moore plans to attend another premiere of his film to Flint, where he will distribute the first $100,000 of his film's profits to local residents and groups. Miramar Films, the distributor of "The Big One" is donating 50% of its entire profits to groups and individuals which Moore and his wife, producer Kathleen Glynn, support in their hometown and surrounding areas."

Charles Brown