Identity politics

Mathew Forstater forstate at levy.org
Wed May 27 14:48:54 PDT 1998

On Wed, 27 May 1998, Rakesh Bhandari wrote:

> Now it is true that Michael Reich throws a wrench in this; he
> shows from data from major metropolitan areas that as whites gain
> relatively to blacks, working class whites lose relatively to upper class
> ones.

See: Steven Shulman, 1990, "Racial Inequality and White Employment: An Interpretation and Test of the Bargaining Power Hypothesis," REVIEW OF BLACK POLITICAL ECONOMY, 18 (3), Winter, 5-20.

Also:

Rhonda Williams, 1987, "Capital, Competition, and Discrimination: A Reconsideration of Earnings Inequality," REVIEW OF RADICAL POLITICAL ECONOMICS, 19 (2), 1-15.

and Patrick Mason's entry "Discrimination" in I think it's called the Elgar Companion to Radical Political Economy.