Wellstone

Frances Bolton (PHI) fbolton at chuma.cas.usf.edu
Wed May 27 14:39:41 PDT 1998

Max,

I'm curious as to how you are able to deal with/accept the Defense of Marriage vote. I might almost prefer for him to hav been pandering to staunch Lutheran Minnesotans rather than following his conscience on that one. I thought it interesting that neither the Nation nor the ITT piece mentioned it. I'd vote for Wellstone over a Republicrat, but maybe Roberto Mondragon over Wellstone (ran for NM gov on Green ticket in...94? Same year Cris Moore accidentally got to be on the Santa Fe city council. Mondragon got 12% of the vote) Doug, I'm not sure that one can be too dorky to get the chance at a serious run. Gerald Ford. Richard Nixon, Michael Dukakis. World class dorks, all.

Cheers, Frances