Invention of the white race

Justin Schwartz jschwart at freenet.columbus.oh.us
Thu May 28 11:48:16 PDT 1998

How can such a brilliant historical analysis be deployed in favor of a reactionary position? Well, the anti-affirmative action conclusion doesn't follow from the premises. Incidentally the US ruling class is probably split on AA; businesses like it, to a point, because it reduces their exposure to costly antidiscrimination lawsuits and improves their profile with the minority communities. On the other hand the Fortune 500 have not exactly welcomed minoritie and women into the executive suite. But I don't see how the qualified support some of the US ruling class has for AA bears on whether the left should support or oppose it.

--jks