Invention of the white race

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at epinet.org
Thu May 28 21:28:29 PDT 1998

The book which goes into detail on this is called "The Remedy", I think, and is written by my friend Richard Kahlenberg. The book is pretty controversial and I'm not sure I buy into the whole thing, but he does offer a preference system based on redistributing advantage to persons on the basis of economic status. This doesn't solve the discrimination problem, but if it worked it would benefit minorities significantly.

The Texas situation is developing in an interesting way. There is a new rule that a given percentage of the top grads in EACH public high school is guaranteed admission to state colleges. (I think I have the details right, but don't shoot me if not.) Given the segregated character of public schools, this will guarantee quite a few spots to minorities.

MBS