bourgeois internationalism

Thomas Kruse tkruse at albatros.cnb.net
Fri May 29 14:43:22 PDT 1998

The Latin Americans are well into this bourgeois internationalism now. Just look at the fianance ministers at any given time: chances are most are graduates from one of 7-8 US universities; they consume the same stuff, be it ideas, entertainment, products; spend holidays together, etc.

A fried of mine here is a travel agent, and she routinely reprots to me on the movement of bourgeois internationalist shoppers, who do Miami or New York 2-3 times/year, have condos in Hileah, etc.

Catos is actually a bit slow in tapping into this market. Magazines such as Latin Fianace have been at it for a while.

Tom Kruse / Casilla 5812 / Cochabamba, Bolivia Tel/Fax: (591-42) 48242 Email: tkruse at albatros.cnb.net