Unix, Me-nix?

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Sun Nov 1 06:41:43 PST 1998

>Or, you could take a hint and switch to Unix where something like
>StarOffice does this automatically :).
>
>Chuck Grimes

I have a couple computor questions and would appreciate any input:

1)My knowledge of Windows and Eudora is very limited, if I haven't done something relating to posting on this list or roaming the net, then I probably don't know how to do it yet. I haven't bought any other programs, though I think I'll soon get a Legal forms and maybe Resume Writer and Tax ones. Question: Should I bother learning more of Windows/Lotus pkt., or is it feasible that that time would be better used learning, say Unix. IOW, should I switch BEFORE I fight.

Sorry if this is a REALLY stupid question. I'm too computor clueless to tell. I still don't know how to use the address book and just work from paper!

2) The mouse that came with my system is starting to feel a little "loose". Cost is a consideration, but I'd like to get something that will last till speech recognition, ala Deep Space 9, is common place. Any strong preferences? If not, I'll hit the Consumer Reprts site.

Thanks 90bn's worth.

BTW, Brazil has debt. under 4bn, needs a 15bn. bailout. Implications?

smooches Paula