thread themes on outlawing fascistic racist speech

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Sun Nov 1 19:40:51 PST 1998

<< Go ahead and have the last swipe at your distortions of my views, I

won't sue, I think libel and slander laws are wrong.

You might not think so if someone falsely stated that you had, e.g., molested a child, spread this story about, causing you to be reviled and fired. In that acse you might want a remedy. With respect to freedom of the press, the constitutionalization of defamation law in America means that it's practically impossible to nail the press for defaming a public figure or discussing a matter of public interest--someone mentioned NYT v. Sullivan a while back (thanks again, Bill Brennan!).

--jks