...And now, a word from Lenin

Mark Jones Jones_M at netcomuk.co.uk
Mon Nov 2 09:53:19 PST 1998

Chris Burford wrote:

> And, for the benefit of Mark Jones, a word from Lenin:
>
> "To carry on a war for the overthrow of the international bourgeoisie, a
> war which is a hundred times more difficult, protracted and complicated
> than the most stubborn of ordinary wars between states, and to refuse
> beforehand to manoeuvre, to utilise the conflict of interests (even though
> temporary) among one's enemies, to refuse to temporize and compromise with
> possible (even though temporary, unstable, vacillating and conditional)
> allies - is not this ridiculous in the extreme? "

Chris, does it occur to you that Vladimir Ilyich is not speaking metaphorically about 'war on the bourgeoisie'?

Perhaps you should come to our next meeting and we'll explain to you what your own role is in these engagements. And what kind of commitment is required of anyone who wants to march under Lenin's flag.

Mark

http://www.netcomuk.co.uk/~jones_m/frontline.htm