Rump roast(Marcuse and CIA)

pms laflame at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 2 18:32:23 PST 1998

>Re Max's: "If this [current Republican suzerainty] is 'rump' influence,
>I'd hate to see the real thing."
>
>Max, you did see the (ahem) "real thing": Reagan.

Last night I saw my first Newt campaign commercial. Granted, I don't watch much TV but I've caught a ton of the other bozos commercials. Republican money is flowing here.

Every other Repub. is mostly attack ads. Watching southern Dems being called "too liberal for Georgia" is pretty wierd. But Newt's spot was all positive. In Newt world there will be no more drugs, no more bad schools, and everyone will have a "secure retirement". Very slick, ending with a Newt, new hair, less fat. Cut to red, white, and blue banner. Sick. It was a Presidential ad for a new warm, fuzzy Newt.

To paraphase Randy Newman-

I saw a vampire, I saw a ghost Reagan really scared me, but Newt scares me the most...