Ayn Rand

JKSCHW at aol.com JKSCHW at aol.com
Tue Nov 3 21:03:02 PST 1998

<< Who is this guy Sciabarra? He seems like a total fucking idiot. And the

inclusion of Rand in this series does not legitimize Rand, it

delegitimizes the series. >>

Chris is a very smart guy, a (pro-capitalist) libertarian interested in Marx who has written a very fine book on Marx, Hayek, and dialectics,a mong other things. He's also a Ayn Rand scholar, thinks there's something there. He's writtena book called AYn Rand: Russian Radical, which is sort of an intellectual biography of Rand, from what I gather. I haven't read. I like Chris a lot and I resepect his intellectual acuity and integrity, but I find his fondness for Rand simply baffling.

--jks