Bartlett (sic) and Steele in Time

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Wed Nov 4 02:27:03 PST 1998

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Tresy Kilbourne wrote:

> why he's a nonentity at some diploma mill, popping off on an
> insignificent mailing list about a book he apparently hasn't read, while
> Barlett and Steele share a Pulitzer and an audience of millions.

On the contrary, LBO-talk is the nerve-center of the capitalist world-system. This is where the central bankers of the world gather to plot our dominion over the earth, you know -- by dressing up as Reds and spouting off in Marxian neologisms, everyone ignores us, allowing us to lead an extensive and constructive debate about how things are to be run. I'm not going to name names, but let's just say that I'm in charge of a certain European central bank (thus the occasional lapses into German); a certain poster associated with Linux announcements is actually a leading software CEO worth tens of billions of dollars; etc. The best place of hiding something is always in plain sight, yes?

Well, must run -- a small matter of a currency unification, you understand.

-- Dennis