bye for now

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Nov 4 11:24:44 PST 1998

[bounced as a nonsub]

Date: Wed, 4 Nov 1998 13:32:45 -0500 (EST) Message-Id: <v02130502630bd4369dd4@[128.112.71.59]> Mime-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii" X-mailer: Eudora Pro 2.1.3 To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com From: bhandari at phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Rakesh Bhandari) Subject: bye for now

Please send any replies to my posts directly to me; I have unsubbed as I am going to the radical philosophy conference in San Francisco. I guess the only thing worth reading in The Nation is Katha Pollitt--what a tremendous and painful column on the murder of the doctor in upstate NY. Gourvitch's Rwanda book, reviewed there, seems quite important as well. By the way, the history of the Congo I reviewed several years ago was written by Jacques Depelchin (Race and Class 1994 review of From the Congo Free State to Zaire: Towards a Demystification of Economic and Political History. CODESRIA Press), now a prominent member along with Wamba dia Wamba of the rebel forces in the Congo. I know Jacques quite well (I was his TA when he taught in the UC system) and have his latest mss Silences in African History which we could discuss if people are interested. When I get back, perhaps we can talk about US support of Kabila as well as of the govts that are supporting him? all the best, rakesh