Plots and Complots

Dennis R Redmond dredmond at OREGON.UOREGON.EDU
Wed Nov 4 13:06:36 PST 1998

On Wed, 4 Nov 1998, Brad De Long wrote:

> It may be time for us to find a new tool who can talk the right-wing
> populist talk and walk the bourgeois walk.

Especially considering that we're *paying* these people. An unfortunate example of a tight labor market making good underlings hard to find. We may be forced to deregulate the political marketplace one of these days, and thus allow market forces to instill the necessary discipline of competition on the irrational political exuberance of certain of our agents.

> On a more positive note, let me congratulate you on your success in
> eliminating Faircloth and D'Amato from positions of political influence.
> Republicans had begun to forget that crossing the IMF means political
> death. This will remind them.

Yes, this and our new "Schroeder" strategy is working quite well in cleansing unreliable figures from positions of authority. The Council has voted to end the Long Depression in June of 1999, by the way. It was felt that the Asiamultis have moved to a closer concordance with the Council's overall economic strategy, thus permitting the cooperative and harmonious disposal of the American Bubble.

-- "The One Formally Coded As Dennis"